VCCA Home
The question is in th title. I have installed several V8 pans with no leaks but this 6 cylinder is a pain. I believe it's the cork ends that are leaking. If I could find a set with rubber that fits with no triming I think it would work better
Very important to install the end corks first and then the side rails. A small dab of a sealant ca be used in the corners,
The old soft cork and cut to proper size end corks worked much better.
Are you sure. The way I see it, the end tabs on the side rails go under the cork end thus the side rails go on first. The tab on the end of the side rail goes into the bearing cap then cork fits in on top. If I did it your way I would have to cut the tabs off the rails end so rails could fit against the cork ends. But that's the way I did it and it leaks. So maybe your way is correct and if so then I would need to cut off the tab on the end of the side rails. That does not make sense either. Why are they on there if you have them cut off.
You are correct, the tabs on the side gaskets fit under the end corks.
My mind was in reverse. imsorry
Gene,

Cut a another notch to go with the other two or three noting the all the mistakes your have made over a many years of hundreds of posts here on the Chat. Agrin

Best,

Charlie computer
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum