VCCA Home
Posted By: iafarmer 1940 custom deluxe 2 door sedan - 10/30/17 01:10 AM
wanting to return this car to original (possibly Concours entry). The tag says it should be Adren beige (currently is red) Curious about carpet (color,style, etc), floor mats, wheel colors (any striping).
Posted By: Chev Nut Re: 1940 custom deluxe 2 door sedan - 10/30/17 02:43 AM
wel2

The wheel color stripe with Adren Beige was ivory. The wheels were painted body color.
The interior came only in one color . biege. The common upholstry material was a short nap mohair with a broad cloth optional. I would say less than one percent had this option. Front floor mat was brown rubber with carpet inserts on the lower area. The rear had tan carpet.

I asume that you mean that the car is a Special Deluxe, the top line model.
The Master Deluxe was the mid line model and the interior was slsightly different and had not carpet inserts in the front floor mat.
Posted By: iafarmer Re: 1940 custom deluxe 2 door sedan - 01/09/18 02:51 AM
Thanks for the information. I am now wondering what color (paint code) for the garnish moldings, the dash, and the steering column.

I appreciate your knowledge. It is a Special Deluxe.
Posted By: Keith Knox Re: 1940 custom deluxe 2 door sedan - 01/09/18 04:19 AM
I was born in Eldora Ia and graduated high school from Union Whitten in 1959. Where are you from. My brother and younger sister live in Marshalltown, and my oldest sister lives in Oskaloosa.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum