VCCA Home
Posted By: AntiqueMechanic School is in Session-NEW - 03/12/12 07:59 PM

Many of you older members are familiar with the "School is in Session" that was played out on the Chevy Chat pages many years ago (2002). Due to an error on the part of a Region Chat Site most of the pictures used in the discussion were permanently erased. Fortunately, during the course of the School I had made two printouts and a CD. In discussions recently with our esteemed Web Master (Bill Barker), an attempt was made to resurrect the School. You could not come close to guess how many hours Bill spent on this project. I expected to see the project abandoned at any time, but Bill persisted and now you will get to peruse the School, complete with the pictures, and IN BOOK FORM, follow along as the school developed. Follow the link below and enjoy! You must be a member of VCCA to read the book. That alone will be justification to join.

SCHOOL IS IN SESSION - NEW

devil Agrin
Posted By: Bill Barker Re: School is in Session-NEW - 03/12/12 08:28 PM
All steps to see it are:

---------------------------------------
http://vcca.org/members/
Login
then click on RESOURCE CENTER,
then click on TECHNICAL INFORMATION
then click on 1928 ENGINE REBUILD
---------------------------------------
Posted By: 32confederate Re: School is in Session-NEW - 03/12/12 11:26 PM
Looks great guys! Thanks for doing this. Maybe if I can get back to work here soon we can do a early 6 cylinder for the phaeton.

Also Ray, I have all the pictures stored on my computer from when I posted the original ones for you if you would like them.

Bruce
Posted By: Chipper Re: School is in Session-NEW - 03/13/12 12:16 AM
Congrats Bill and Ray on not only resurrecting the School but making it easy to navigate and locate what might be of particular interest. This will prove to be one of the crown jewels of Chat.
Posted By: ken48 Re: School is in Session-NEW - 03/13/12 01:29 AM
iagree

Great job!!!!

The forum was good when I first saw it here, and I think it is even better as a Flip Book.
Posted By: m006840 Re: School is in Session-NEW - 03/14/12 01:56 AM
Great job guys! This info is very informative and will be very helpful.Your efforts are greatly appreciated..
Posted By: 1931truck Re: School is in Session-NEW - 05/10/12 07:36 AM
Being new to chat I just came upon this forum. I have read the flip book and think it is a great resource for anyone restoring an antique car. What great work was put into putting this info together. I know others will share their knowledge like this.
Thanks to you all for a great resource.
Lee
Posted By: Chip Re: School is in Session-NEW - 05/10/12 12:51 PM
Ray, the flip book format is great, and I'm reminded just how much work went into this. Thanks so much -- it's great information and really useful. I know all of us appreciate all the work you put into it.

All the Best,

Chip
Posted By: 1928isgreat Re: School is in Session-NEW - 05/11/12 10:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Have just come accross the 1928 engine rebuild flip book.

Wow!

What an incredible document, a must read.

Well done to all involved on a great source of imformation.

Cheers

Ray
Posted By: tonyw Re: School is in Session-NEW - 05/11/12 12:51 PM
It seems as though Bill has excelled yet again. While Ray lead an excellent topic the new format enhances it further.
Tony
Posted By: 1928isgreat Re: School is in Session-NEW - 05/11/12 01:04 PM
I'll drink to that.
Posted By: cufrcp Re: School is in Session-NEW - 05/16/12 03:49 PM
Thanks to all involved. This string was soo good, that I had also saved a copy and put it in a book type format.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum