VCCA Home
This video was taken a couple of weeks ago by a Stovebolter (Rusty Vandura) who bought a motor for his Chevy truck.

The process shows how Brian extracts an engine from one of his vehicles. His yard specializes in old American iron.

Enjoy! Brian's Salvage and Junk near Vallejo, CA

;-) Dean
Don Williams sent me a link to his purchase of a '60 frame. Same extraction method...

. The boom truck has a 38 cab and Advance Design steering. I couldn't get a close enough look to see exactly what year the engine is. It reminds me of my early days of Junk yard shopping when they couldn't wait to get rid of old Chevy stuff. Rear ends $12. 3-speeds $15. .
. .
I think it is a 37 radiator support at least but I dont know about the rest of the truck. I wouldnt like to be working under that crane, it looked to be a little light duty for me.
Tony
Great video with the 1937 Chevy truck picking up the 1960 Chevy frame. Where is the junkyard located that this frame came from? It looks like a fantastic place to visit.

dtm
It is about half way between Napa and Vallejo. Vallejo is about 15 miles south of Napa.
I believe the two videos posted in this thread are two different junk yards.

Brian's (the video at the top of the thread) is in Northern CA, between Napa and Vallejo (like Keith said).

I have no idea where the yard is where the frame was lifted by the old Chevy crane truck.

Dean
I bought a tail light for my son,s 1960 Rambler station wagon. Years ago.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum