VCCA Home
Posted By: Clement problems with latest issue - 11/17/22 11:11 AM
Anybody besides me having issues tying to view the latest Nov/Dec G & D ? I am able to view up to page 40/41..........then nothing happens..............just freezes up, and my computer almost starts to go haywire. I have tried 10 times.
Posted By: Tiny Re: problems with latest issue - 11/17/22 12:48 PM
It temporarily locked my computer up as well. I'll forward this thread to Peter.
Posted By: Chipper Re: problems with latest issue - 11/17/22 01:07 PM
Locked mine as well. There is a gremlin lurking in the issue! At least the electronic version.
Posted By: Chev Nut Re: problems with latest issue - 11/17/22 01:08 PM
It will not be available until late November or eArly December..
Posted By: Clement Re: problems with latest issue - 11/17/22 02:11 PM
Okkk...thank you all !! Happy Thanksgiving BTW !!
Posted By: m006840 Re: problems with latest issue - 11/17/22 02:28 PM
Got an Email notification yesterday that it was now online but have not tried to view. Hopefully another Email will follow for clarification .
Posted By: Hawkeye Re: problems with latest issue - 11/21/22 01:09 PM
I tried to look at the current issue today, but only got to pages 40-41. How do you receive an e-mail that the new issue is available?
Posted By: Peter_Gariepy Re: problems with latest issue - 11/21/22 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I tried to look at the current issue today, but only got to pages 40-41. How do you receive an e-mail that the new issue is available?

emails are send to all members with email addresses announcing its availability. Do you have an email address on file with the club?
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: problems with latest issue - 11/21/22 05:11 PM
The problem appears to be the large file. This issue is at least twice the file size as a regular issue. So the process they use to send a regular issue into the temporary memory on your computer does not work with this issue.

My best guess is that the cache memory size available on your computer cannot handle that large a file. I have an older laptop(only 8 GB of Ram) and could not get past page 15-16. Even regular issues do not respond well on my computer. I have not tried on my iPad but it is older and has limited memory also.
Posted By: Hawkeye Re: problems with latest issue - 11/21/22 05:56 PM
Yes, there is an e-mail address listed below my name and General Member. Please check under member # 5758.
Posted By: Peter_Gariepy Re: problems with latest issue - 11/21/22 10:13 PM
FYI:
I've uploaded the magazine in 2 parts. If you can't open the full magazine try the 2 parts instead.
Posted By: Peter_Gariepy Re: problems with latest issue - 11/21/22 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Yes, there is an e-mail address listed below my name and General Member. Please check under member # 5758.

We send your emails to: wpiascik@yahoo.com
Make sure they are not going into your spam folder.
Posted By: m006840 Re: problems with latest issue - 11/22/22 12:25 AM
Peter I tried the 2 parts and the cars do not load OK. Got the first page to open and then it locked up. The other part was fine . Also the subject is in two threads; Club Dscussion and General discussion forums.
Posted By: ruscar Re: problems with latest issue - 11/22/22 02:44 PM
I had the same experience. The part 2 with the show cars would not fully load. Could see the first page then nothing.

Part 1 worked fine.
Posted By: Peter_Gariepy Re: problems with latest issue - 11/22/22 05:55 PM
Try it now. Think the issue is resolved.
Posted By: m006840 Re: problems with latest issue - 11/22/22 06:47 PM
See Club Discussion.
Posted By: ruscar Re: problems with latest issue - 11/22/22 09:11 PM
I just tried it and success!! The one with the cars fully loaded and viewed.

BUT now the part one does not fully load.
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: problems with latest issue - 11/23/22 10:14 PM
Peter,

Thanks for your efforts to address this concern.

On my older iPad that has 32 GB of ram I was able to successfully view both of the sections. I was not able to view all of the single issue of 96 pages. Things locked up at about page 40.

I am currently not where I can access my Windows laptop with Chrome as the browser. A few days ago it was not letting me view any of the choices completely.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum