VCCA Home
Posted By: 41specialdeluxe Ebay Prices - 05/03/22 09:58 PM
I can't understand where in the world some of the owners up with the value for some things they advertise on eBay. Especially for 1941 stuff. There is a complete trunk guard on there right now that I think may be a tad overpriced owing to its condition.

Regarding BG, I have rented a few spaces in the flea market and plan on bring a few parts. You can count on me being reasonable in what I will want for them. And, while I can't just give good stuff away, I'll consider offers. Owing to weight factors I'll not be able to bring much heavy stuff. You know.

What do the rest of you think about the subject of pricing on eBay?

Best,

Charlie computer
Posted By: Jonjet Re: Ebay Prices - 05/03/22 11:12 PM
For one thing, people see things advertised in mint condition and think their part (not in great condition) is worth the same or even more. I've seen several parts advertised for much more than what I had just sold the part for, for a lot less in better condition, and they NEVER sell it! I sell things to get rid of them not to rape somebody.
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: Ebay Prices - 05/04/22 02:23 PM
Charlie's observation about pricing is a phenomenon not limited to eBay and classic car parts. I see it all the time in Facebook Market Place and Craig's List for anything and everything.

I just laugh and remind myself that this is how a free market works. No one is forcing me to buy that item. And more power to the seller if he can really get that price.

If I am really interested in the part i will put it on my watch list or save it or somehow bookmark it. A few weeks later if it is still available I go back and make what I consider a reasonable offer.
Posted By: jay32249 Re: Ebay Prices - 05/05/22 01:16 PM
I have found that when dealing with anything antique weather it be cars,car parts,motorcycles jewelry,furniture,whatever.....most people,by nature, want to get as much as they can for the stuff they are selling but don't always know the true value-----soooo,start high and see how it pans out is the normal strategy....If they start low,well,nobody is going to offer them more because they low balled the item !! Buyer Beware is best prevention----make a counter offer to get best deals.. Just my thoughts of course.
Posted By: Tiny Re: Ebay Prices - 05/05/22 05:22 PM
My experience in buying and selling is everything I own and am trying to sell is worthless and everything I'm trying to buy is more valuable than gold.......
Posted By: canadiantim Re: Ebay Prices - 05/13/22 02:35 PM
Tiny summed it up perfectly!
Posted By: m006840 Re: Ebay Prices - 05/13/22 05:51 PM
I agree and can also add that the only thing more frustrating is seeing a part that you recently scrapped selling for big bucks. Did that with a pair of 32 rumble lid hinges not knowing what they were. Since then I decided to stop scrapping and identify first or even give items away to anyone that I think MAY have a use for them.
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: Ebay Prices - 05/13/22 09:34 PM
There is a key point I remember when I see crazy prices on various sites. Those are asking prices. It is not very often that we know if an item sold and for how much.

Car auctions are more transparent but they only represent a small portion of classic car sales.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum