VCCA Home
Posted By: kwchevy1940 50+ guests? - 09/06/11 10:37 AM
I notice a lot of guests on the site over the last week or so. Are they really guests or are they spammers? It seems that this goes on all night long. I am not being picky but it did draw my attention in the early morning hours when sleep is not possible because of medical problems that I have. If it is truly real guests I appologise for being noisey. Thats a lot of guests isn't it?
Posted By: Tiny Re: 50+ guests? - 09/06/11 12:17 PM
Just non member visitors to the site. Likely from all over the world so what's the middle of the night here may not be for them.
Posted By: 32 ragtop Re: 50+ guests? - 09/06/11 10:34 PM
Sometimes I don't log in, I get on the VCCA web site and just check out certain Forums. I figure I would show as a guest.
Posted By: Solan Re: 50+ guests? - 09/07/11 10:22 AM
As long as the guests are acting like normal users and not spamming, I don't care. We have car websites in Norway with a lot of users during our night, coming from USA and/or China.

The good thing on VCCA Chat is that there is very little room/space for a spamming behaviour while we are so many normal members here "on duty" most of the 24 hours. The spam is normally removed within short time and the security prevents the trojans, worms etc. from invading our club pages better than in past times.

I welcome everyone from all over the world, with genuine interest in the Chevrolet and in our lovely club.

Agrin carbana
Posted By: findoctr Re: 50+ guests? - 09/09/11 01:20 AM
I also read the forums without loging in not only this one but 2-3 other ones I belong to. If I wish to add my [Linked Image from planetsmilies.net], I log in. (quicker this way) hood beer2
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: 50+ guests? - 09/09/11 01:42 AM
In case you are not aware, once you log in you can stay logged in each time you come to CC II if you don't log out. That way you can read the forums and also post if you wish without ever logging in again.

I have been logged in on Chevy Chatter II for many years and I have never logged out.

laugh wink beer2
Posted By: tonyw Re: 50+ guests? - 09/09/11 01:59 PM
Like JYD I dont log out but when I use a different computer i have to log there and have trouble remembering the password
Tony
Posted By: 42bill Re: 50+ guests? - 09/12/11 06:42 PM
I agree with Skip and Tony. I never log out at home. Can't see any reason to. However, when not on my home computer, I always log out.

Bill.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum