VCCA Home
Posted By: Denny Graham What's with the VCCA oval??? - 11/12/10 10:58 AM
So I must have missed the thread that explained why we see the oval VCCA sticker that is taking up half the page now. Could someone steer me to the thread that introduced it and or explain why it is above some member’s handle and not others???
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Posted By: DanR Re: What's with the VCCA oval??? - 11/12/10 11:46 AM
Denny,

Check in the VCCA Members Only section under General Club Discussions. The thread is VCCA MEMBERS-Identifiy yourself. The oval identifies VCCA members.

Dan
Posted By: IMFALCO Re: What's with the VCCA oval??? - 11/12/10 02:40 PM
Denny - Go to My Stuff, just below the pictures above. Click on it, then on edit profile. About a third down your profile check the box marked group images showing the oval and yours will show up on your posts.

Roger
Posted By: Bill Barker Re: What's with the VCCA oval??? - 11/12/10 08:36 PM
This is a work-in-progress. idea

I have the oval showing up now on member's profiles.
You can add yours by following these directions.
https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/187404

Two changes to the logo that I'm still working on:
1) I want to remove it from showing up on the "summary" pages.
2) I want to automatically have it show up for all members so they don't have to activate it.

But this stuff all takes time - and all of my Chat efforts are purely voluntary.
carrot yay hood yay carrot

In the meantime I'm ALSO working on the Flint Meet - on a "secret" product (along with Chipper and JimM).

• And... I'm working on a new Touring database for Dave C.
  • And... I'm working on a new club "service" that I hope to have ready in time for the holidays this year.
  • And... I'm working with our region to create a brand new fund-raiser item for members to acquire.
  • And.... well you get the picture :-)

Let me know if something on Chat requires my urgent attention, otherwise, I'll probably stay focused on the Flint and Touring-related efforts for a while longer.
Posted By: p.k. Re: What's with the VCCA oval??? - 11/12/10 10:06 PM
BILL, ALL I CAN SAY. IS YOU THE MAN ! AND DON'T BE LATE FOR DINNER.... thanku
Posted By: brino Re: What's with the VCCA oval??? - 11/17/10 05:12 AM
Denny, I think we non-menbers should get a logo that is a blue oval with a diagonal red line through it. What do you think?

Ray
Posted By: MrMack Re: What's with the VCCA oval??? - 11/17/10 05:31 AM
I am not Denny, but I think that you all that are not VCCA members should be thankful for what you are getting! what you are getting is that you are more than welcome to log on and enjoy our hospitality. Heck we would enjoy having you all with a fine VCCA blue oval next to your handle...all you have to do is join up. I don't know of anyone being refused membership, and I hope we never get so cheesey as to deny anyone to be welcomed as a bon-i-fite dues paying VCCA member!

Heck.....they haven't throwed me out yet...
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum