VCCA Home
Posted By: PAPA-K DECEMBER G AND D - 11/30/05 02:37 PM
IS it here yet? Nope not yet... Oh thats right its still november, well maybe tomorrow.....
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/01/05 07:58 AM
"...maybe tomorrow....."

Sounds good!

I'm hoping mine comes Thursday the First!!

yipp

Bill.
Posted By: 38653 Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/01/05 07:52 PM
can I hope for christmas mine arrives before the 18th of the month

27 speedster, 28 coupe, 67 camaro, 67 p/u, 75 vega, and now 1920 490
Posted By: George33Eagle Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/01/05 11:20 PM
Received at 1000 hrs 1 Dec 2005, one each M1-A1 G & D, December issue. I'd tell you what is on the covers, but I go one step farther that those who won't remove the paper dust cover and leave the plastic in place.

OK, I lied about the plastic. 1970 Impala from Illinois on the front and 1937 from West Linn on the rear.

George
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/02/05 12:54 AM
Hey George,

Must be "old timer's" setting in :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - - - - but I can't think of who in West Linn has a 37. :confused:

Bill.
Posted By: George33Eagle Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/02/05 01:01 AM
Owned by Jim and Marie Kanne, original HPOFC car.
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/02/05 01:08 AM
Yup.....

Bill.
Posted By: BigBob Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/02/05 06:17 AM
On time once again. :)
Posted By: Chev Nut Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 02:41 AM
My G&D arrived today, Dec.2nd....usualy comes on the 10th or so.They must have been mailed early due to the upcoming holidays.
Posted By: 46aero Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 03:38 AM
Hey Guys; I'm new here and was wondering what is G&D.
Posted By: john gill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 04:01 AM
46aero,

I'm kinda new here myself. G & D is the VCCA members magazine. When you join the VCCA they send you a mag. every month giving you insider info as to whats going on. Even the secret handshake!
Posted By: john gill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 04:04 AM
Like they always said in my orginization. "I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I'VE GOT MINE!"
Posted By: 46aero Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 04:23 AM
Thanks John; Guess I'll have to join. If its half as good as our Old Auto bi monthly it will be well worth it. Thanks again and have a good evening.
Posted By: MrMack Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 05:40 AM
Mine came in today! already, I don't quite know what to think!!!!!
Posted By: Chevrolet Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 05:47 AM
hey macky,

it's kepi!..and I got my g&d today, too!!!...unbelievable, huh?..ha!..

ok epi
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 07:13 AM
Well, mine isn't here - damn it!!

I DON'T want to be the 'new' O Kepi!!!

auto curse

Bill.
Posted By: Chevrolet Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/03/05 04:52 PM
xlii bill,

don't worry...my good fortune surely won't last...then the universe will be right-side-up once again...

ok epi
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/04/05 12:03 AM
Kepi Doodle got his December G&D the same day that the old mangy mutt got his? This just can't be!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:
Posted By: xxx Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/04/05 12:19 AM
Must be a Furd loving sub running Kepi's mail route while the regular guy is on vacation... bigl bigl bigl
Posted By: Jim Karras Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/06/05 07:12 AM
Got mine today and already read it from cover to cover! wink
Posted By: xxx Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/07/05 08:21 PM
No G&D here. :(

Dec. 7th...."A day that will live in infamy...". Hope we always 'remember'...
Posted By: PAPA-K Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/07/05 11:11 PM
Mail Babe was here and left a prize in the box today a G & D eh eh!
Posted By: dandyd Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/08/05 05:11 AM
No G&D here and today is my birthday.
Posted By: MrMack Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/08/05 05:23 AM
Hey DandyD, maybe your mail man is waiting for his Christmas card!
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/08/05 06:12 AM
May be the same with my mailman....

I always get mine "early," often by the First day of the month!

But NOT this month! NOT even by the 7th!

I'm getting a good lesson in O Kepi's frustration. (And I don't like it!!!)

Arrrrrgh!

auto curse

Bill.
Posted By: MrMack Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/08/05 06:21 PM
Bill, maybe we could ask the candidates for the National BOD , if we had not already sent in the ballots, what they proposed to do about some enhanced mailing techniques! I got my G&D a couple of days early. Maybe the post office where they are mailed sorted the mail differently this month, Who Knows?
Posted By: George33Eagle Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/08/05 06:41 PM
Maybe they were clearing things out for the Christmas rush.

George
Posted By: ChevyGuru Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/10/05 11:22 PM
Out-going President Dave Cavagnaro made a proposal at the most recent Board meeting (this past March in Oregon), to explore an alternative mailing service for the G&D, that he had learned about. His focus on this was better service to our members in other countries, but it also included improved service for Domestic, as I recall. It was given to the G&D Committee for review. They never responded, to the best of my knowledge.

Hey, but don't feel bad. Today, I heard from a long time VCCA member in Denmark. He was happy, because he received his OCTOBER G&D yesterday (December 9th), which was unusally fast! (really)
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/11/05 04:32 AM
Well, by golly.... my itch is finally scratched!!

My December G and D arrived today, the tenth!!!

I understand that's pretty good compared to some of my domestic VCCA brothers, let alone some of my international VCCA brothers.

It's just that I usually have mine early, often by the First of the month.

No marks, rips, tears, signs of abuse. I guess it just took the long, round-about route this month!?!?!

I am happy it's here!!!

laugh laugh laugh wink

Bill.
Posted By: xxx Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/13/05 01:37 AM
Got mine and I have a question; JYD, what made the Vette special?
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/13/05 11:03 PM
Hey Gator,

Just sorta curious....

What do you think made it special??

Bill.
Posted By: calmcar Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/14/05 12:11 AM
hey bill i know what your saying , something is fishy here , that is two mounths i a row they have been late , i live 45 minutes away and received mine on the 6th, but others got theres in other states,
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/14/05 05:39 AM
I sure don't know calmcar.

I sorta believe in the Conspiracy Theory. But I don't see how that could have anything to do with receiving the G & D "late."

To hear some of the other guys talk about it, you're received date of the 6th and my received date of the 10th is "early."

Hard to "explain"????????????????

Bill.
Posted By: xxx Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/14/05 06:47 PM
I don't know Bill, the article said 1 of 12 made and that it was 'special'...just wanted to know.
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/14/05 11:06 PM
Gator:

I must have missed the article. Actually, I haven't read much of the Dec issue except the ads.

You've aroused my curiosity. I'll check it out tonight. Mike McCagh is much more knowledgeable about Corvettes than I. But I'll check it out and let you know what I think.

For openers, I'd say being only one of 12 makes it (whatever "it" is; model/year/etc) pretty special right there.

Bill.
Posted By: 42bill Re: DECEMBER G AND D - 12/16/05 08:10 PM
I finally got around to reading the JYD Tour article in the Dec G & D. Great article, Skippy. I was on that tour and I certainly enjoyed reading the article and recalling all the good memories associated with it.

The Corvette Gator asked about is a 1962 and was in a private collection so I'm not going to say too much. (Dawg always seems pretty careful about not ID-ing that kind of info so I'm going to be respect that.)

Gator mis-read the caption under the picture. The caption indicates the Corvette was "...made by GM for a special Shriners parade...." It does not say, "the Corvette is special."

I don't recall hearing if all eleven of these "special Shriners parade" Corvettes were equipped the same; but they were all the same color. I don't recall hearing the name of the color. I suppose it could have been something like "Shriner's Pink." Anyway, the color is a pink-ish purple. Along the lines of the Chevrolet color "Dusk Plum" from 55/56 and also kinda like "Dusk Pearl" from 1957.

Bill.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum