VCCA Home
Posted By: 38chevy more mystery - 01/22/12 02:48 AM
This unknown piece of moulding is 12 3/4 inches long and 1 inch wide. Help me figure out what it is.

[Linked Image from i858.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Billu38 Re: more mystery - 01/22/12 11:54 AM
Windshield centerstrip (divider)...Billu38
Posted By: Tiny Re: more mystery - 01/22/12 01:07 PM
iagree Again. Figure 46.
Posted By: wawuzit Re: more mystery - 01/22/12 06:41 PM
iagree Yep, I think that's what it is. The piece that slides inside that piece is hard to find, don't loose it.
Posted By: Chevy1778 Re: more mystery - 01/22/12 07:00 PM
I&I reproductions sells a reproduction of this piece as well as all of the rubber , screws, etc necessary for the windshield. Check them out.
Posted By: wawuzit Re: more mystery - 01/22/12 07:34 PM
I've got their catalog showing these parts, but they don't have alot of the parts they show, and they're not alone. The top five venders are showing items that are on back log or they just can't get them anymore. The Oakie bushing is a good example. I wish all the venders would update their items. I know that would be a big job due to the thousands of items they carry, but it would really save them valuable time that they waste talking about things they just don't have anymore. On the other hand, without these guys we would be very limited to parts and re-manufactured parts. I guess overall the due a good job.
Posted By: Chipper Re: more mystery - 01/23/12 01:51 AM
The back order situation is very complicated. I will save all of you the details and all the possibilities leading to a "back order".

Suffice it to say that no supplier likes back orders, just as the customers dislike them. They are a valuable tool in the process to get more of a given product produced and available again.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum