VCCA Home
Posted By: David_S pictures - 01/29/22 11:34 PM
Just refreshed the page and got the new format. No pictures showing up in the thread I was looking at. There are the individual boxes that say IMG, but now image to look at. I was still signed in after refreshing.
David
Posted By: Peter_Gariepy Re: pictures - 01/29/22 11:37 PM
Which thread?
Posted By: Morten Re: pictures - 01/30/22 07:38 AM
It looks like a general problem, here is an example:

https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php...actory-fuel-line-routing.html#Post464379
Posted By: tonyw Re: pictures - 01/30/22 07:43 AM
I dont think it accross the site but I noticed it in the old photos thread post #466260, not only do the photos not show but the posters avatar is a grey square as though there is supposed to be a pic.
Tony
Posted By: Ruben_Rocha Re: pictures - 01/30/22 02:50 PM
I have a Final backup from the old site that may contain those items so stay tuned while I upload those attachment folders.

Update
Okay I think I found them.that folder that holds the attachments has more than 9,998 files.
I did not notice that before.
There is a limit of the number of files per folder that is uploaded.
So I need to reupload that folder above 9,998 files
Posted By: David_S Re: pictures - 01/30/22 07:39 PM
Thanks for looking into it. I noticed it over a couple different threads older and newer.
Posted By: Ruben_Rocha Re: pictures - 01/30/22 07:48 PM
The issue is the old site keeps crashing when I run a backup and I keep getting more files every time I run it.
I think I have most of them uploaded now But I need to close the board to re-index them

Plus the weird characters that we see.
I fixed those once before but the site crashed and the backup used to restore the database was before the edits.
This new host Is more stable.

So I will probably do this in the wee hours of the morning when I am awake and most normal people are asleep.

Did I just say I was abnormal? LOL
Posted By: Tiny Re: pictures - 01/30/22 08:10 PM
Old Ab, Ab Normal. I used to drink with him. He's a unique individual.........
Posted By: Ruben_Rocha Re: pictures - 01/30/22 09:13 PM
I am just happy we moved the site to I believe more robust and reliable hosting service.
I have not had one issue with them that needed a call in over 4 years.
Fingers crossed.

I just need to get everything cleaned up again.

Even the backups from the old site have been issues.

You know at first i thought it may be the upgrade of the software but I have done several sites and they went flawless.
When I saw the site crashed again a day after i made corrections that I new would be forth coming I suspected the host.

Especially when I had issues making backups to use to move with.
Posted By: m006840 Re: pictures - 01/31/22 12:48 PM
Photos are not viewable. Forum 29-32 OP Bears Fan 315 I could not view the photos listed nor could another person so i tried a test photo and had the same result-no photo opens . Also noted that the post had no numerical post number to refer to. Please let us know when it;s fixed as no sense posting photos that can't be viewed.
Posted By: Peter_Gariepy Re: pictures - 01/31/22 03:47 PM
Test photo post...

[Linked Image from vccachat.org]

Attached picture Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.46.35 AM.png
Posted By: Ruben_Rocha Re: pictures - 01/31/22 07:50 PM
I made a temporary fix till I work out the solution.

https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=462829
Posted By: Peter_Gariepy Re: pictures - 01/31/22 07:58 PM
test photo

[Linked Image from vccachat.org]

Attached picture Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.46.35 AM.png
Posted By: tonyw Re: pictures - 02/01/22 08:38 AM
I remarked before that upgrades were never smooth and the last time Bill Barker moved host the system was down for the best part of a week so you have had it easy so far.
Tony
Posted By: Ruben_Rocha Re: pictures - 02/01/22 05:34 PM
This item is resolved.

Sorry for the delay in a resolution.
Posted By: Chipper Re: pictures - 02/01/22 05:45 PM
Thanks for your efforts Ruben. We appreciate your efforts to improve the site. We are sure that Peter appreciates not getting beat up when things don't work as expected.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum