VCCA Home
Posted By: Joneses S M S - 08/04/20 08:43 PM
Got the 37 Coupe headliner today, 8-4 , ordered 6-5. Looks very nice but will find out more when installed 9-2. Glad I had other things to do this summer.
Posted By: m006840 Re: S M S - 08/04/20 11:17 PM
Got mine a couple weeks ago . According to my upholstery shop most headliners are produced by one supplier . I called them last week for an update on the balance of my order and they advise late September or early October. Fairly close to their estimate of four months at the time of ordering.
Posted By: m006840 Re: S M S - 09/22/20 06:23 PM
Checked on my order today and now KIM is advising maybe by the end of the year at the earliest. Lots of post on facebook regarding their late deliveries and other problems. Just hope they are only late and don't end up like Hampton Coach.
Posted By: Joneses Re: S M S - 09/22/20 10:31 PM
The headliner I got wouldn’t work. Asked them to send just fabrick. Been waiting for weeks. Kim said the fires are keeping ups from picking up shipments. About lost hope.
Posted By: m006840 Re: S M S - 09/23/20 01:11 PM
I don't believe SMS makes the headliners but rather gets them from another vendor. Could be wrong but that is what I was told by a shop that only does interiors and does purchase from SMS. Found this one on the internet https://wlsheadliners.com
Posted By: canadiantim Re: S M S - 09/23/20 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Joneses
The headliner I got wouldn’t work.

Why wouldn't the new headliner work? Was there a problem with it? Seemed you got it surprisingly fast.

I ordered one in February and got caught in the middle of everything closing for Covid, had to reconfirm my order once things reopened and I'm still waiting. Wasn't from SMS but through one of the large regular vendors as I had a bunch of core credits to use up. Everyone is behind so I'm anticipating a year or more to get it.
Posted By: Joneses Re: S M S - 09/23/20 09:00 PM
They told me at time of order two weeks, it took two months. The bow spacing was way off, 6 inches or more.
Posted By: Joneses Re: S M S - 10/08/20 09:00 PM
Got the yardage today, 10-8, looks correct, now wait for the shop to install 11-19. Don’t know what the final cost will be but probably around 1500 installed.
Posted By: Joneses Re: S M S - 12/03/20 11:14 PM
Got the coupe back last week, the new headliner looks GREAT. I have the rest of the interior installed now. It did cost 1500 installed plus the 385 I paid SMS for a headliner. They did not offer a refund nor did I ask for one.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum