VCCA Home
Posted By: 3rdowner The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 12:17 AM
You have all been so helpful over the past years; I thought you all might want to see the subjects of my posts.

[Linked Image from img850.imageshack.us]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Linked Image from img814.imageshack.us]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: 1928isgreat Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 12:33 AM
Beautiful.
Posted By: AntiqueMechanic Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 12:53 AM

Nice looking late 1925 Roadster. Take a look in the December G&D under the judged vehicles for a picture of my early 1925 Roadster.

devil Agrin
Posted By: jerrygolf Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 03:58 AM
Ya gotta be proud. bana2
Got two kids and three grand kids in Denver and will have to stop by and see it if I get out there next year. This year they're all coming for our 50th.
Posted By: Montythechev Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 05:23 AM
Gidday jerry,

Lovely examples mate... Nice going!!
Posted By: 3rdowner Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 06:40 AM
I did see your 25, nice car, fun to drive on a hot or cool day! I equate in to riding a motorcycle, I'm sure the cycle is safer! :-)
Posted By: chevguroo Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 07:37 AM
Very nice and well worth all the effort to get the clutch working. Is your 28 a Jamistown car? with those dunsmir colour wheels it sure looks like it was.
Chris
Posted By: 3rdowner Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 07:03 PM
I don't know! What is a Jamiston car?
Posted By: chevguroo Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/23/12 08:22 PM
Jamistown was a Chev factory in Minneapolis and all 28's from that factory had those green (with black stiping) wheels.
I bought an original unrestored (guards had been repainted) 40,000 mile coach from St. Paul many years ago and it had those Dunsmir colour wheels, which I thought was a horrible colour. I researched that colour and found that all the 28 disc wheels from that factory had that colour, instead of the more common brown/orange wheels.
Chris
Posted By: 3rdowner Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/24/12 01:14 AM
I will do some research tonight and let you know. Funny, I always assumed it was a Flint or Detroit car. I think the paperwork said FOB Detroit, but that may have been standard dealer invoice stuff. They did those sort of things, even at GM, known for there detailed organization. I do know that the car was sold in Denver and never left. Does anyone reading this have a list of assembly plants? My specialty is GM foundries. I worked in two of them, and actually worked on the famous Line 6 at Saginaw Grey Iron. The line opened in 1929 to produce in-line 6's. It was still a hand-set cope and drag in 1976, no joke, one casting at a time. As a fun fact, Grey Iron Foundry was largest in the world, 1.3 million square feet. It consumed city streets as it grew.
Posted By: jerrygolf Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/24/12 01:45 AM
Chevguroo, Did you mean Janesville, Wisconsin?

3rdowner,

If you go to the top and hit VCCA Homepage, Fun Things, Favorite Link, Bill's 31 Site, Production, Manufacturing Plants Page 5 you'll find your list.
Posted By: 3rdowner Re: The subjects of my posts - 01/24/12 01:50 AM
Great, will do!
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum