VCCA Home
Posted By: Chip Spare Tire Covers -- ID Help - 09/24/18 11:43 AM
I am preparing a ton of parts for sale in Hershey, primarily '29-'32 parts. But I have a few items for the '33-'37 cars, one pair of which I'd appreciate some help in identifying and estimating their value. It's a pair of steel spare tire covers with bowtie logos (one present, one missing) and the stainless/chrome trim that goes around the outside diameter and the face. Three photos attached (hopefully). The question is which cars are they for, and what are they worth?

Thanks in advance.

All the Best, Chip

PS: I'll be in spaces OBE 24 &2 5 on the orange field at Hershey. Stop by for a visit!

All the Best, Chip

Attached picture IMG_2836.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2837.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2838.JPG
Posted By: mike_lynch Re: Spare Tire Covers -- ID Help - 09/24/18 12:59 PM
I know that there are 2 covers for 1934 chevys, one has a bigger center hole for the hubcap than the other.. I guess if you know what size master hub caps are and standard hubcaps are, you got your answers.

WISBRI or JONJET here should know ?

mike
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: Spare Tire Covers -- ID Help - 09/24/18 02:32 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-CHEVROLET-EAGLE-COUPE-SPARE-TIRE-COVER-OEM/202426701333?hash=item2f21925615:g:CXgAAOSwgh5bheOY

laugh wink beer2
Posted By: Vila Re: Spare Tire Covers -- ID Help - 09/24/18 03:05 PM
Yes, looks like a 1933 Spare cover.

I will look you up at Hershey. I only live 25 miles from the show and go to the flee market on Friday every year.
Posted By: mike_lynch Re: Spare Tire Covers -- ID Help - 09/24/18 05:00 PM
It would be worth more if totally complete with all clips in place PLUS the rear part that covers rear of tire..

Right now you only have the easy to find part , seen on ebay regularly

mike lynch.
Posted By: Jonjet Re: Spare Tire Covers -- ID Help - 09/24/18 06:11 PM
By the hole size they look to be 33 Masters. But without backs and clips they can't be worth much. They come up on e-bay but never seem to sell.
Posted By: Chip Re: Spare Tire Covers -- ID Help - 09/24/18 11:43 PM
Thanks guys. That clears it up for me. I'll assume they are '33 Masters, with parts missing and rust and will price them accordingly. I'll have them in Hershey at OBE 24 & 25 if anybody is interested. I appreciate the help.

All the Best, Chip
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum