VCCA Home
Posted By: 32 ragtop 41 sedan window channel - 02/01/12 04:50 PM
Need to replace front door window channels, vent post channels, wipes and felts on my 41 sedan. Channels look like they were installed using pop rivits and have cracked the pass window. The wipes and felts are gone but looks like they were installed with staples from the factory. What is the best way to attach the above parts to the door.
Posted By: ruscar Re: 41 sedan window channel - 02/03/12 11:02 PM
I suggest you post this under 1937-42 also, Always a lot of folks there. I have a selfish reason as I also need this answer. Good luck.
Posted By: 32 ragtop Re: 41 sedan window channel - 02/04/12 01:35 AM
Russell, posted on the 1937-42 forum on Jan. 31 and had no one give any direction.
Posted By: blueyAU Re: 41 sedan window channel - 02/05/12 12:08 AM
Hi there,
I have recently finished installing new glass etc to my 34 chev std 4 door sedan. I had to start from scratch, nothing was there as a guide.
I installed the interior felt wipes, to the actual door internal steel trim frame, by using pop rivets.
They are impossible to see from the outside, looking through the glass.

The outside wipes were glued on using 5 min Araldite, using a length of wood wrapped in glad-wrap ( to prevent it sticking to the wood) and held by 3 small G-clamps, until it set.

I had to first make up and fix small timer fillets to the door frame, exactly shaped to fit the form of the door, it had a small curve and had to make it parallel with the glass, when this was done, I then stapled and glued the rubber moulding to the timber fillets.
It was a fiddly job, one piece at a time, but in a week all were installed and every thing works well.

Peter
Posted By: 32 ragtop Re: 41 sedan window channel - 02/07/12 03:50 AM
Not sure the 34 is the same as the 41.

Found two clips in a box of assorted screws, bolts and clips that came with the car. Did not know what the clips were for until I was researching the channel runs that the Filling Station has in there online catalog. Match up to there part 70-514. Just don't know how many per door.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum