VCCA Home
Posted By: Rabaut 1940 Chevy PU 1/2 ton steering column seal - 03/11/23 12:44 PM
I’m looking for a picture or a description of the toe board seal that goes around the steering column and clutch and brake peddles and how it is held in place of on my 1940 Chevy PU 1/2 Ton

Thanks,

Mike
Reach out to Mr. Bob Adler
Bob was very helpful in explaining about the seal but had no pictures or parts. So I'm still looking for a picture or the parts that are used in securing the felt around the steering column and brake and clutch pedals.

Thanks,

Mike
[Linked Image from vccachat.org]I'm working on this now on my '45 pickup. Don't let the cutout confuse you, I need to patch that yet. The pix are self explanitory.

Attached picture IMG_3962.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3964.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3963.jpeg
Interesting.... I had noticed that the plates in the '40's had rivits in them but mine didn't have any indication that there were any.... And no backing plate. I found that it was almost impossible to hold the felt in without one. So I fabricated a backing plate and sandwiched the felt in-between fastening it together with a single carriage bolt made to look like a rivit.

I don't believe it is correct because my current plates showed no sign of rivets or a backing plate. maybe because I had the wronge steering column plates to begin with.....

Attached picture 29253F32-1CE6-4EED-8C8B-4A62901402D0.jpeg
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum