VCCA Home
Posted By: RayZ 1933 truck wiring diagram - 01/04/21 03:17 AM
Does any one have a source for a wiring schematic for a 33 truck? 1/2ton

Ray
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: 1933 truck wiring diagram - 01/04/21 04:04 AM
The service manual should have the wiring information you need. Plus it will provide a lot other information you need to get your truck operating safely and reliably.

Perhaps I am confused. You posted this in the 12 volt electrical forum. Your truck was manufactured with a 6 volt system.

If it has been converted to 12 volts it will be difficult to find a wiring diagram. You will probably have to develop your own by tracing each wire end-to-end.
Posted By: RayZ Re: 1933 truck wiring diagram - 01/08/21 06:48 AM
Thanks rusty yes I’m converting to 12 but most of the wiring is shot so just looking forward general direction. I guess you’re correct I should start be tracing and recording what is there
Posted By: Rusty 37 Master Re: 1933 truck wiring diagram - 01/08/21 10:33 PM
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the clarification. Even if you are converting to 12 volts the wiring diagram in the shop manual is a starting point.

What ever you do, do not remove any of the existing wiring until it is well documented with respect to functions as well as lots of picture to show the orientation of terminals and the routing.

The old harness had been completely removed from most recent vehicle I rewired. Thankfully there were similar vehicles within a reasonable distance that we could visit to view. That and an assembly manual really helped us route the wiring.
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum