VCCA Home
Posted By: RonPenn 32 trunk - 02/05/18 10:45 PM
What is the correct name for the trunk on a 32 4 door delux sedan? I am trying to find the correct latches for mine. I don't think Potter is the correct name. It has the trunk extension rack also. Thanks Ron
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: 32 trunk - 02/05/18 11:20 PM
The "Potter" trunk was used on the coupes, roadsters and Landau Phaeton. The correct accessory trunk for your 1932 sedan would be the "Extension Trunk". Latches for that trunk are available from the Filling Station. The part number is GR-416 and the latches sell for $279.50 set.

Anytime that you need parts for your 1932 always check out your Filling Station catalog or go on line at: www.fillingstation.com

laugh wink beer2
Posted By: RonPenn Re: 32 trunk - 02/06/18 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info . They are not inexpensive but probably the only place that has them. It may take me a while to gather that much.
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: 32 trunk - 02/06/18 02:45 PM
They are not inexpensive but probably the only place that has them

Correct. And, you might want to get them soon while they are still available.

laugh wink beer2
Posted By: RonPenn Re: 32 trunk - 02/06/18 06:10 PM
I ordered some parts I need from The Filling Station,also had to back order trunk latches. It takes up to 6 months to get them as they are specifically made for me, they do not keep them in stock. Thanks for your help. Ron
Posted By: 32confederate Re: 32 trunk - 02/06/18 08:47 PM
Hi Ron,

Those latches come from Australia and that is why they take so long. Most of the time they are in stock, or were in the past. I was involved in getting them made years ago.
Posted By: Junkyard Dog Re: 32 trunk - 02/06/18 09:02 PM
It takes up to 6 months to get them as they are specifically made for me, they do not keep them in stock.

If that is the case, then it should state in the catalog that the latches are available by special order only.

laugh wink beer2
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum