VCCA Home
Posted By: rjp 31 toe piece brackets - 01/27/12 04:19 AM
I am working on a 31 roadster, The two toe board brackets on the side that go from the cowling down to the sill plate, Is it the same as a inclosed cab model? chevrolet v.s. fisher. The parts book for the roadster does have no. for the right and left, but the closed cab the cowl and brackets are together. Roger I can see where mine were spot welded at the top, but thats all I can tell. Thanks
Posted By: rjp Re: 31 toe piece brackets - 01/27/12 04:28 AM
The left one is the bracket that has the dimmer switch mounted
Posted By: Chipper Re: 31 toe piece brackets - 01/27/12 04:43 AM
You might check with Bow-Tie Reproductions. http://www.bowtiereproductions.com/
Seem to remember that they had them available as repops in the past.
Posted By: rjp Re: 31 toe piece brackets - 01/28/12 03:49 AM
bumer, I called Bow Tie and they said no, any one with suggestions? Roger
Posted By: Gunsmoke Re: 31 toe piece brackets - 01/30/12 09:12 PM
Both were badly rusted on bottom edge next to floor on my '31 coach, and I assume were similar to what you need. I managed to find a used one on eBay (they do not show up very often), and fabricated a repair to the other one to get a good pair. Mine are now bolted in place (both of them had holes for 2- 1/4" bolts into lower edge of cowl). I considered welding them in place but bolting with lock nuts seemed simpler. They take 3 wood screws into the floor. Originals also had 2 nuts affixed to receive toe board plywood machine screws. All 4 of those holes in mine were stripped or missing, have not yet decided whether to re-tap, or try another approach
Posted By: m006840 Re: 31 toe piece brackets - 01/31/12 05:27 PM
If you find that the brackets are the same that a 32 sedan uses I have a couple of spares.
Posted By: rjp Re: 31 toe piece brackets - 01/31/12 08:19 PM
Don Rossi had a pair ,he is sure that they came out of that car! That would be good. Idid get the car from him. He has been laid up for a while due to back sergery. Thanks Ill be able to tell more when he is up and around. Roger
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum