VCCA Home
Posted By: jerrygolf After mart '31 heaters - 01/17/12 07:26 PM
According to my September 1931 Chevrolet News Service they came out with a chevrolet hot water heater. I found these two in my shed and wonder if either one was used as a after mart on the '31.
[Linked Image from i227.photobucket.com]
The one on the left is an Arvin and on the right is a HaDees.
Posted By: AntiqueMechanic Re: After mart '31 heaters - 01/17/12 09:41 PM

Both of those heaters are aftermarket and not installed on the 31 Chevy.

Generally speaking, heaters for Chevrolet, were marked either by the bowtie or the word Chevrolet.

devil Agrin

Posted By: 1931Sal Re: After mart '31 heaters - 01/18/12 01:01 AM
Hi Jerry, I am going to email a couple of pictures of my Bee-Hive heart.
Posted By: jerrygolf Re: After mart '31 heaters - 01/18/12 01:45 AM
Thanks Sal. I emailed you back.
Posted By: Gunsmoke Re: After mart '31 heaters - 01/18/12 02:01 PM
Antique Mechanic, I think if they were sold in the aftermarket in '31, they may very well have found there way into '31 Chevs, installed by owner or others, possibly including by dealers at owners request, who knows. I assume what you are saying is they were not factory/authorized GM accessories to be installed by dealer.
Posted By: KevsChev Re: After mart '31 heaters - 01/18/12 10:08 PM
My 30 coach has a hadees one real similar to yours in the photo if not the same. Don't know how long its been there but it looks just as old as the rest of the car lol.

Posted By: jerrygolf Re: After mart '31 heaters - 01/19/12 01:50 AM
From my first post.
[quote][/quote] [img]I found these two in my shed and wonder if either one was used as an after mart on the '31.[/img]
I should of added "as a dealer installation."
The reason I asked is because the HaDees was in my '31 when I bought it 52 yrs ago and thought it must of been installed maybe not too long after being bought new on account of the winters here but again didn't look like a dealer installation. This is the hole it fits in which has to be this large but the brackets and so forth didn't look professional.
[img][img]https://vccachat.org/gallery/48/full/557.jpg[/img][/img]
I also thought they may have replaced a previos one with this one. Anyway, being KevsChev has one in his and others think they were used if this one is good it might save me buying one. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: AntiqueMechanic Re: After mart '31 heaters - 01/19/12 02:27 AM

Just a note on my previous post. If you have no desire to keep your car in like original condition, most any heater will fit. If it fits and works, go for it.

Over the years most any heater could have been installed by the owner or the corner repair shop.

devil Agrin
© Vintage Chevrolet Club - Discussion Forum