Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Boltgunner, Ed_Osier
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Boltgunner
Boltgunner
Hello all - I will keep the stock brakes and suspension and want to upgrade the wheels and tires for highway travel, long road trips. I am not aware of size limitations due to fender clearance, suspension travel, etc. No, I am not autocrossing like I used to in a 69 Stingray, but "agile" driving appeals to me. So, I am seeking information as to wheel dimensions, tire sizing, and the bolt hole pattern. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Boltgunner
Liked Replies
by Tiny
Tiny
Your stock wheels should do fine with modern tubeless tires. I put 205R75x15s on my 53. That's about the closest you'll get to the stock tire in diameter. A lot of folks run 215s which are a bit taller. If you go with the 205 be sure you're not getting trailer tires as 205 is a very common size for trailer tires. I don't know if "agile" driving is possible with the stock suspension.
1 member likes this
by Dean50
Dean50
I put the Coker 205/75 radials on my '50 stock wheels years ago and they were a great ride and handling improvement.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.