Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
W_W_W
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by W_W_W
W_W_W
Hello, I was taking apart my 1928 Chevrolet car block when i noticed something a bit odd. The piston skirts are windowed, they are cast iron not aluminum. They have the factory bow tie logo on them so i assume they are oem. Does anyone have more information about these? I should also add that this block was cast August 13 1928 making it very late in the year.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by Lou
Lou
. If your 1928 Chevy is model AB passenger car, it came with INVAR aluminum pistons. If you have a LO or LP one ton truck, it came with Cast iron pistons tho the rest of the block is like 28 passenger cars. Please look at page #233 of the following web site provided by GM. <https://www.gm.com/content/dam/comp...mation-kits/chevrolet/1928-Chevrolet.pdf>. .
. Lou .
. .
1 member likes this
by Rustoholic
Rustoholic
W_W_W posted a link to some photos of his engine. One of them shows the engine serial number, but unfortunately the front digits are VERY corroded. Here's a link his post: W_W_W's engine pics

From looking at the serial number photo, I cannot figure out if there was a beginning letter (X or T) or not.

Cheers, Dean
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.