Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Primo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#472482 07/29/2022 1:37 PM
by Primo
Primo
I wasn't really looking for a new car last weekend when I started cruising Craigslist but a "restored and parked" 1929 Chevy Coupe caught my eye. Calls were made and off I went. A local car guy had passed and his kids were in from California clearing out his estate. Well the coupe was parked in a leaky garage back in 1981 and would have needed all new wood, tons of rust remediation and who know what else. There was however the last car he was working on still on the lift, the 1930 roadster. It was a bit out of what I wanted to spend but I ended up trading an extra motorcycle I wasn't too keen on and the car came home.

Once home I checked the oil, threw a new battery in, rigged up some fuel, and the Chevy fired right up. Looking in the fuel tank and radiator they were pretty crusty so I ran them off to the local radiator shop to get them boiled out. I'm looking forward to cruising this old car.

[Linked Image from vccachat.org]

[Linked Image from vccachat.org]
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#472489 Jul 29th a 07:43 PM
by Stovblt
Stovblt
Welcome to the VCCA!

I think you are on a reasonable track.
Original stock is a great end point.
But in the mean time, if you have to fudge a few things as you said, that's great too, if it gets you going and having fun driving your car.
You can always keep your eyes open for the original stuff at reasonable prices along the way and upgrade if you like when you find it.

That's what I've been doing with my truck.
Some things obviously got changed here and there through the years, and some things just needed to be repaired/readjusted/replaced.
As I find original stuff, and get around to stuff, the truck gets closer to factory original... one little thing at a time.

Have fun!
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.