Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#470275 05/30/2022 4:02 PM
by Rusty 37 Master
Rusty 37 Master
Yesterday I installed a new battery in the '37 Master coupe. Boy does it start quickly now!

I had noticed this season that it seemed to crank a little longer but always started. I was thinking there was fuel problem. Until Friday when I was going to the post office! It just cranked over twice and died.

That battery did not owe me anything. I bought it from NAPA in May 2013 for $112. To be truthful I never expected it to go this long.

Saturday evening I bought a BC1 battery from Farm and Fleet for $65. We'll see how long it lasts.
Liked Replies
#470333 Jun 1st a 03:46 AM
by XLVIIdriver
XLVIIdriver
Originally Posted by old216
My 38 Master battery is now over 6 years old. I have always replaced them at 6 years. The brand and site brand is CarQuest.

My battery just gave up ! Upon looking at the stamped date code on it I was shocked. It read D4. That's April of 2014!!!! Brand name is Dubois sold locally. Needless to say I called them today & ordered a replacement. We will see if the new one will last 8 years. Bet not!

Dick
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.