Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
bloo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by stefakicoupe
stefakicoupe
have an original looking rubber floor mat in the 50 coupe i have i bought years ago when still available i think it is a little wider than the stock one so it overlaps the door sill i have been tucking it under the sill but if i go to check the master cylinder i have to take the sill out to roll back the mat to view MC question is should the mat be under the door sill or be trimmed along the door sill so dont have unscrew every time want to do something my thinking is a GM mechanic isnt going to take time to take sill off just to check MC
Liked Replies
by Jeff1951
Jeff1951
What I found on my 51 is a nail at each front corner of the carpet - one at he leading corner of the driver's side and one on the passenger side. They look like old style "cut" nails used for nailing into concrete. I found at least 1 brand new one under the front seat when I removed it last year. I will try to post a picture of the nail tomorrow or Monday.
Jeff
1 member likes this
by Chev Nut
Chev Nut
The corners of the carpet in all models was nailed down to keep the CARPET in place and ALL Bel Airs have rear carpet.
1 member likes this
by Jeff1951
Jeff1951
They were driven into the floor. I hope I am understanding your question properly. I have no idea if they were driven with a special tool (nail gun ?) or just an old fashioned hammer. I will get a photo later today or tomorrow.
Jeff
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.