Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Part16john
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#465532 01/14/2022 4:14 PM
by Part16john
Part16john
Just got my new 32 confederate. Trying to diagnose what is going on with a blown lighting fuse.

The repair manual says the fuse is a 15A fuse but I noticed the fuse in there is currently 20A and is blown. Is 20A fuse correct?

What I noticed after replacing the fuse it blows only when I press the dimmer switch on the floor for the lights. It blows immediately. This leads me to believe it’s a bad wire. I hooked up a short finder and seems like the wires are good, I get a tone.

I also noticed the repair manual shows 3 wires in the lights but my lights only have 2 going to them. Is this because of the cowl lights that I have? It looks like the 3rd wire was cut back from the headlights at some point as they are still present in the harness.

Any recommendations on tracking down the issue? Is the fuse 20A on the lighting switch? Thanks!!

Liked Replies
#468817 Apr 8th a 02:41 PM
by Kray1932
Kray1932
I took the cheap rout. Says your in Cincinnati?. I’m about 3 hrs west off of interstate 64 far westside of Indiana. If ever in the area give a call. I’m always looking to talk about ideas and what people have done and how they did things on there car. Mine has sometimes went from old original keep and fix only what to keep it drivable to hard to find expensive part or my way. So far my way has not taken away from its old I’ve been around look. Good luck and keep it fun.
Attached Images
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.