Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Thread Like Summary
Clement, Dave39MD
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#370535 06/20/2016 12:06 PM
by Alligator
Alligator
Some people here know about my 1940. At the Moment the engine is in restoration. Long time ago, talked about restoration of the body. Should not be a complete resto, only the rust, other parts will be in original condition. I love the patina and also don't want to restore the Interior.
This week I have holiday and I will try to document my progress here every day, so you can take part of this. Hope this will help other people by there Restoration.
Lets Go:
First put the car on the Hydraulik Ramp. The screws I have loosen in the last few weeks. Some are broken, but I bought the screw set at Chevs40s. So I have a good overview, how many are installed and how they look like. I made a plan, on which i marked the mounting points. On this placed the old screws and the new one next to them.
(Pictures are coming later)
In the Set there are 20 bolts, my car only have 18. A Test with the Gearbox Lifter shows me, i´ve got all bolts!
Liked Replies
#479655 Mar 16th a 04:17 PM
by Alligator
Alligator
Actually I wanted to write here much more about my experiences / setbacks and feelings of happiness during the restoration of my 40 Chevy, but repairing was always somehow more important - sorry
What started with a transmission repair and an engine overhaul ended in a complete restoration, including a new interior. I never regretted it and had a lot of fun doing it. Above all I would like to thank this forum for the mental support, many tips and also spare parts. Very special thanks go, among many others, especially to

thankuMike Buller, 41specialdeluxe, Mike Deeter, Curt K. (cskennedy10?)thanku

In July 2022, the Chevy had its first ride since 2015. It passed the technical inspection without any faults and the engine now runs like a sewing machine, thanks to a capable mechanic. Here are a few pictures.
Attached Images
2 members like this
#479658 Mar 16th a 04:27 PM
by Alligator
Alligator
more
Attached Images
1 member likes this
#479660 Mar 16th a 04:37 PM
by Chev Nut
Chev Nut
That is so nice of you to post all the photos so we can see and appreciate all your hard work especially living in wonderful far away Germany.The best of luck to you and continue to enjoy your manty years of restoring your car.

ENJOY THE RIDE FOR MANY YEARS parking
1 member likes this
#479711 Mar 17th a 08:14 PM
by ruscar
ruscar
I too want to commend you on a fabulous job! Well done!!! And thanks for taking us along.
1 member likes this

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.