Stopped in at our first drive in of the year with the kids yesterday. The Dakota in Hilton is having one each Monday. We were in our 87 Monte Carlo. They had about 40 - 50 cars. I think the oldest was a mid 54 Deluxe or the Belair. Most US brands seemed to be represented including a nice AMC Rebel. Oldest fell in love with a 63 Corvette convertible. He wanted one to restore, told him good luck finding one. Next row over he pointed at a 64 for sale and pointed out it had a for sale sign. Then I pointed out the price was more than my last house. Long time since I saw two early 60s Corvette convertibles in the same lot in this town.

I have come to enjoy the drive ins more than the shows in our area. The drive ins seem to draw a good size crowd and a wider variety of cars. The 'shows' seem to draw only completed and polished cars. Neither of mine fit in at the shows. The drive ins seem to have more life at the events. Cars are constantly coming and going so you have to walk around one last time to see everything. People are always talking. And the best conversations are the 'I remember so and so had that car'. My 87 gets a lot of that.

Hoping to get the 41 back on the road to take that to a few also.

My sons took al of the pictures so I do not have any. My oldest is 'collecting' pictures so he can decide what he wants in the future. Last night it was between a 4 door Plymouth Fury, 4 door Bel Air, 63/4 Corvette convertible and then the Manks Volkswagen dune buggy conversion He always hopes one is there to see (I have seen 3 different ones in our are over the years.)