Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#482268 06/02/23 07:38 AM
sdpopp Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I found this awesome chrome spotlight/mirror. There are no markings on the outside. Wanting to know if they reproduced unity lights? Or is this an original without the markings? Any help is appreciated!

Attached Images
1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg 10.jpg 5.jpg
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Can't tell from the picture but it appears there may be a brand name logo stamp next to the number 6867. Googling whatever that stamp says may provide some answers.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
sdpopp Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the suggestion! That is what I was thinking, but even with a magnifying glass, I can't tell what it says. I may take a photo with my digital camera, may be better resolution, so I can enlarge it enough to read the stamp.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
That spotlight was manufactured by Unity of Chicago Illinois sometime in the 1960s based on the black plastic handle. Unity manufactured spotlights for all the automobile manufacturers at the time and looking at the pictures, that appears to be a right-hand spotlight (determined by the angle of the mirror). It is difficult to tell exactly which car brand it was made for since they supplied identical spotlights with the correct brackets in the box for each application. The 1950s spotlights had an ivory-colored handles. The shorter pear shape indicates that it was delivered to a car manufacturer since they were the only ones to get the pear-shaped handles.

sdpopp Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thank you so much for the information! That helps me out a lot!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.