Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Swoosh Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I'm restoring a 1939 Master Deluxe and I need information about the sliding quarter widows. They were removed by one shop and reinstalled by a different shop. The problem is that the glass is not firmly held in place. The windows slide but rattle. Does anyone know how to hold the windows firmly in place? (I know that a cardboard shim would work but it would be neither authentic nor pretty.)

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I would suspect the the window glass is loose in the channel at the bottom of the glass I can not find any good info. in the Fisher Body manual or parts books. The channel holds the glass in position.

Last edited by Chev Nut; 05/30/23 09:53 PM.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
I am thinking the felt (I refer to it as Bailey Channel) in the bottom channel has worn/flattened out allowing the glass to drop and wobble sideways in the top channel. If it is original 1939 channel itr becomes a distinct possibility.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.