Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ESF Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Does anyone have or know where I can get the oil pickup suction screen for a 32 Chevy car. Pulled the oil plan and cleaned it and found the screen mostly gone. Thanks

Attached Images
IMG_4847.jpg
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
if it is stock oil pump, those are hard to come by... may get lucky and find a good one from someone

you can make a new screen & support, buy new brass screen and make a new 'filter' and you can braze/ solder it to the cup part and if needed put on new heavy screen 3/16 spacing or so to hold the form. use a small ball that fits in the cup to shape it.

attached is a shot of the one i have

here is a previous post from Chipper on redoing the screens:

Originally Posted by Chipper
There are many possible ways to duplicate the half ball shape.

Best is find a rigid, solid ball (croquet anyone) that is about the right diameter. With good gloves and a small hammer, push, tap the hardware cloth into the desired shape. It will wrinkle and bunch up places so you may have to either bend individual wires or clip them so they conform to the desired shape. Once in the general shape you will need to trim the open edge to fit the solid screen base. Then crimp, solder or tack weld the half ball in place. If the inner screen is damaged you might have to replace it as well. It should be a little easier to shape but you will end up with creases as the wire is forced into smaller shape. That is okay as long as the screen remains intact without holes. A few overlaps will not reduce oil flow enough to be a problem. Sealing to the base can be a bit tricky but careful soldering or crimping can minimize places where crud can bypass the screen.

A little more complicated method is to push the flat screen into a pipe with the correct (or nearly correct, smaller is better than larger) ID. Just remember that you will be expanding the screen openings so you have to start with screen with smaller original opening.

The best is to find or make two molds or dies (male & female). Then using a press squeeze the wire between the two to get the desired shape.

There are others as well.

link to the discussion: https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/413225

Attached Images
DSCN5731.JPG DSCN5732.JPG

AACA - VCCA - Stovebolt - ChevyTalk
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I've have one if you still need it. I have finally finished my 32 and have a lot of extra parts if you're looking for something else let me know via PM . Dave

Attached Images
IMG_20230412_094632.jpg y4m4e66GgkW5Zhjh01qO_fkX2dMXw0ILTVaKiYBcmCv0EKqGQHsXf5YSfs74phYxjRnOY2VnE2YY6CFhMCIEZ_tREkJ7fGLyYbv9SQfARL1hepZx6JuuO6yvpjUwN7lIEYZTEcqW4na8-gKq_pnZcEp3u09OBLrG_EVn95tLjrw9LiJsp5yNj2jJQRVCtDYuekQabHK1wy5pjPGgnGjGLUalQ.jpg IMG_20230413_175039.jpg IMG_20230413_175059.jpg
Last edited by Dersh; 04/13/23 06:00 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.