Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi there - a massive tree fell on my chevy and sadly it's total loss. The insurance paid out except the $780 which requires me to total loss it and then it goes to scrap. I would like some advice on whether that is the best way to go. There are likely still some parts that are salvageable, and I don't know if it's worth anything to anyone as is but did not want to miss that opportunity. I myself cannot part it out. Half the tree is still on the chevy so it's a bit hard to tell what state it is in exactly. It's all original and prior to the tree still ran (original engine also). I'll warn you for enthusiast the pictures are hard to look at.

Additional pictures are here: images

Attached Images
chevy2.jpg chevy3.jpg
Last edited by 1954chevy; 04/05/23 06:37 PM.
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
How awful!! I am very sad to hear about your truck and I am very sorry for your loss. Thank goodness nobody was in it.

I would think someone would want it for its parts, probably the drive train.

So, place an ad in our Parts for Sale forum and see what happens.

Another place to place an ad is in the For Sale forum over at Stovebolt forums

All my best, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
That truck sure took a direct hit. Really sad to see the destruction particularly for a California truck. I am sure there are some that might want parts. Will likely be a challenge to extract them.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thank you for your replies. I will post it for sale for parts and see if anyone is interested. Do you think there is any problem to file for a Salvage Certificate with the DMV? We had just paid the registration.

The whole thing blows frankly, it's painful to look at it in this state. We are lucky of course we were not hurt but this hurts in many other ways. We had such hopes of restoring her in retirement. I have registered YOM plates for her as well.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I would post that over on the Stovebolt.com. Such complete destruction is quite amazing. I can imagine your feelings but you and yours are OK, thank God.

My 1951 1 Ton is now on the road! My 38 Master 4 Door is also now on the road .

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.