Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Judd Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I removed my driver's door because the rot had allowed the door to sag so much. I was worried about damaging the door. Is there anybody that sells wooden pieces for the frames? Thanks in advance!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
You can try Jim Rodman in Hannah IN. I just priced door wood from them about a month ago but opted to make my own due to the cost of it. If you have enough good wood left making your own isn't super hard if you have the right tools. Either way weather you make or buy it is tricky to install. The door frame with the metal and the wood was crafted first, then the skin was applied after. There will be fasteners of the wood frame to the steel frame that are hidden once the skin of the door was applied. You don't want to un-skin a door, unless your an expert body man I guess, then maybe. I've read some guys cut out small areas of the door skin where the fasteners are and then weld back in once wood is in place.
What I am doing (and others have if you search out the topic) is getting creative with installing and fastening the wood similar to how it was using things like T nuts, creative mortise and tenon joints, etc.
Search it out thoroughly through the search box on this site and others and you will find the answers you seek. I'll help out if I can.
If you want to contact Rodman I can help you with that too as I have a number for someone who works for him otherwise it's hit and miss trying to get him to get back to a person. Out of courtesy to that person I'm not going to put that contact out here for all to see.

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Is it the windshield/ Cowl pillar you are looking for? The one that the front door hinges bolt to.

Last edited by cabboy; 03/13/23 11:41 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,072
Posts429,077
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.