Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#479255 03/01/23 08:32 AM
verng Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I need the channel that the glass sits in at the bottom of the window. 1928 1 ton truck. A picture or measurements for both right and left windows . I could then fab them or if someone has them I could purchase them .I have both regulators

Last edited by verng; 03/06/23 10:38 AM.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Verng, by the different posts I have seen of yours it sounds like your 1-ton may be somewhat of a basket case like mine, but maybe not? With my truck I realized after the fact that one of my doors is off a 27 truck and one from a 26. The door latches are different in where they mount and latch at the B-pillars. Easy enough to modify provided you get the right latches. I said all this to say the 26 door was complete with glass and regulator in it. I am pretty sure that part is the same as the 27/28. I could photo and measure that side (pass side) for you and you could create a mirror image for the other side. If that helps I'd be willing to do it.

verng Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello David. Any pictures or drawings would be helpful. Yes my truck was a basket case but it is 98 % complete. The bottom glass pieces are the only pieces i am missing. I do have a extra regulator for the driver door

verng Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Here is my truck

Attached Images
IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0315.jpg IMG_0324.jpg IMG_0328.jpg IMG_0299.jpg
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I need to make a drawing yet with measurements but here are at least some starting photos.
More to follow.

Attached Images
window channel 1.jpg window channel 2.jpg window channel 3.jpg window channel 4.jpg window channel 5.jpg img001.jpg
Last edited by David_S; 03/02/23 03:30 PM.
verng Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
looks like both sides will be the same

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I can't imagine that both sides wouldn't be the same. Although this piece is formed out of a continuous piece, I'm sure it would need to be made out of multiple pieces. IDK how one would go about putting the shallow valley down the length of it where the roller would guide.
My guess is the thickness of the original piece is equivalent to 14ga
You get it figured out let me know. It may save me some time for having to do it also so I have one for my drivers side. Need any other info or glass dimensions etc let me know.
David

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.