Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sshamu Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I'm no stranger to vintage trucks, but this is the first time I've owned a Low Cab Forward (LCF) model.

I saved this one after spending its entire life in Arizona. I have big plans for this rust free ugly beast. The frame was bobbed by the previous owner so I had no choice but to seek out a new dually chassis.

New chassis is from a 1998 Chevrolet 3500 box van. The new engine has been ordered and it's a GM crate engine LT4 with 8L90E transmission. Unfortunately all of this won't fit comfortably in the front engine bay so the current plan is to mount it directly behind the cab. This will free up some leg room on the cab for sure. yay

I figured I'd start with the wheels and tires to get the ride height before mounting the engine and transmission. I'll have a lot of engineering to do but that's part of the fun with hot rodding. Once I get the wheels mounted I'll post more pictures.

Attached Images
viking mod.jpg viking lside mod.jpg
Last edited by sshamu; 11/30/22 01:12 PM. Reason: grammer

1959 Chevrolet Viking 50, restomod project
full time hot rodder
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Welcome to VCCA Chevy Chat.
You have joined a site where most of us keep our Chevys in original form. As a fellow truck guy, I will say that I like your truck, as pictured, very much.
If you are not already aware, there is a site Called The Stovebolt Forums where Chevy and GMC Truck guys hang out. Many of them (maybe most of them) modify their trucks, as you are doing to yours. Good luck with your project.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
2 members like this: sshamu, Clement
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Great truck!!

While what Mike says is true (most people on this site are interested in original or survivor Chevys), we also have a group of folks that enjoy modifying their Chevys.

The forum for these folks' discussions is here: Personal Modifications forum

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

1 member likes this: sshamu

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.