Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I know its a shot in the dark, and not sure if there is a good place to post something like this, but worth a try. (please move the post if this isn't the place to post)
Dad sold the car in the early 90's. Car was sold from the Milwaukee WI area. The gentleman that purchsed it had some connection with Alaska, Washington state, and finally Arizona. Mid 90's he sent pics of the car to my dad finished, and that was sent from Arizona, guess that's the last known location of the car.
Yes, I would love to get the car back in the family, but would also love to know it's still out there.
The first 3 pics are the car in the early 70's. The last 2 pics are of the car restored that were sent to my dad.
Bunch of good memories of being in the rumble seat as a young kid.
I'd have to get a copy of the pic but 45ish year ago my brother and I must have been bad kids as we were bundled up in winter jackets in the rumble seat, maybe a form of punishment? haha.

I know it's a long shot, but a few years back we found my dads 66 Impala sport coupe he bought new after his years in the service, so maybe we could find this too.
Appreciate any help

Jeff

Attached Images
31cab.jpg 31cab2.jpg 31cabdad.jpg 31cabrestored.jpg 31cabrestored2.jpg
Last edited by PBRmeASAP; 04/29/22 04:38 PM.

1932 Chevy Coupe
1954 Chevy Belair
1963 Corvette
1976 Cosworth Vega #3300
1979 Chevy Malibu
1988 Chevy S10
1989 Chevy S10
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Hello PBRmeASAP,
A shot in the dark, you may try 'vincheck.info'. It appears that you might obtain information about vehicles titled and registered in numerous states motor vehicles departments. There may be fees involved per requests. Don't know anything about what is required, but a call seeking how to obtain the type of information you want from motor vehicle department may help you. Another idea, you may seek info from different car clubs within a state.

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Do you have the vehicle serial number or engine number? If so post it here and maybe on the VCCA Facebook page. I have a 31 Cab but it spent 50 years in a corn crib. There are quite a few in the club so you may get lucky.

Dave

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Dave I just bought a 1930 cabriolet and I was wondering if you have any pictures of what the top mechanisms look like as I am missing my windshield hold downs for the convertible top

Don’t know what this is or does
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I am working on the top right now and will take a few photos. What is your Fisher Body number from the plate on the firewall? I was thinking there were no 30 cabriolets made, only roadsters.

Dave

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Dave from what I have discovered since buying my car the 1930 roadsters we’re not built by fisher body. Only coupe and sedan and that fisher body did not build roadsters at that time . I don’t know if that is true but I found that info while searching info on my car. The guy I got it from said that his dad always called it a cabriolet. My email is kmhs2000@yahoo.com and if you could send me a contact number I would love to talk directly with you. I have so much to learn about my car. Thanks

Don’t know what this is or does
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
It’s easy to differentiate from the roadster and cabriolet body styles. If you have no crank up windows in your doors, you have a roadster. If you have crank up door windows, you have a cabriolet or convertible coupe as some call them. Cabriolet is actually a term Ford used for their car of the same style and most GMs of the door window cars were called convertible coupes. Then you have totally screwed up terminology like my 32 olds that called the door window type cars, convertible roadster! Evidently Oldsmobile had to be different and difficult!😁

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (Headlighter, Peter_Gariepy, 1 invisible), 69 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,069
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.