Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#474551 09/24/22 09:28 AM
C20Mike Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Does anyone know how to determine where my 1972 pickup was originally purchased?
I believe it was somewhere in Washington or Oregon.

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Welcome to VCCA Chat. There are lots of knowledgeable and helpful people on these forums.

Tracing the origins of these older classic vehicles takes a lot of patience. Your vehicle is over 50 years old. You might try containing the GM Heritage Center as a starting point.

Trying to track the titles that were issued over the years might help recreate some of the history. The limitation is that those older records have possibly been destroyed and most likely not digitized. Sometimes these records are kept at the county level and sometimes they are at the state level.

What you are looking for is the Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO) or one of the multiple copies of the original shipping document. Typically the shipping invoice was a multi-sheet form with either carbon paper or was a self-printing form. Each copy when to a certain business function such as the shipping company, the dealer, and the manufacturer’s accounting group.

Rusty

VCCA #44680
C20Mike Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks Rusty, I'll start there.
Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.