Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
This was on a 1937 Chevy parts car I bought and was used just to roll it around. I don’t have any other history.

I’ve not seen a GM wheel with the solid center section (no slots) and wonder if this was used on some heavy duty version of Chevy/GMC trucks or some other vehicle.
It fits a 16 inch tire and has the hub cap clips and hole bolt pattern used in Chevrolet vehicles in the late ‘30s and early ‘40s.

Hope someone can recognize this wheel style and let me know the original application.

Attached Images
No Slots R.jpg
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I don't think it is a genuine Chevy wheel. It could be an aftermarket wheel. Chevrolet was using 16" stamped wheels on production vehicles from 1937 through the mid 50s. That was a long time for many suppliers to offer their version of this popular wheel.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks for the information.

I'm much more familiar with cars of this era so wanted to get an opinion from a truck expert before discarding the wheel when done using it as a roller.

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.