Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#474180 09/13/22 01:18 PM
Hawkeye Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
My less than 2 year old Dell computer decided to take a vacation. All indications suspect that the hard drive is toast. I am using a temporary mini "cube" hard drive call a Nuk from Intel. Here's the problem. In Windows, you can reduce the current window you are viewing by clicking on an icon in the upper right hand corner and go to another website and download photos with out loosing the first web page. The software in this Nuk, is Mozilla Firefox and I do not see any way of reducing the page to be able to go to another web site AND returning to the original site. Any thoughts. Sorry, dynamite in NOT an option here.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 09/13/22 01:19 PM.
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hi Hawkeye,

The first time you open Mozilla's Firefox, it looks like it is all one page, but in fact it is one 'tab' that contains all the stuff you need to navigate the internet. Firefox supports having multiple tabs, which means multiple window spaces, each one acting like its own browser.

When you open a new tab, your original tab stays on the web page where it was, so you can go back to it.

To open a new tab, click on the + (plus sign) icon at the right of the current tab, near the top left of the page. See the attached photo with the + sign circled in green.

Hope this helps, Dean

Attached Images
OpenNewTab.jpg

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Hawkeye Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Dean, THANKS. When you are familiar with one way of doing things (Microsoft) AND it's taken away from you, you feel like a 3 year old trying to push open a door that should be pulled open. Anyway, was able to complete my task and your help was appreciated.

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
I thought all the browsers used tabs. Maybe not.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.