Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I am going to take Gene's advice and crank it with the plugs out and the valve cover off... oil pan on, and filled with oil.. and my new 6 vt. battery.... to see it pumping up into the rocker arms.... thank you all for your advice.. it is valuable... not just for me.. but anyone dealing with this situation in the future...

1934 Chevrolet Master sedan
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
jrlaplante... you asked me; "How do you remove the flywheel cover? I am in same boat with removing the pan but not sure what I'm looking at for flywheel cover. Any pictures? Thanks for any help."
my answer; The flywheel cover is on the bottom of the bell housing behind the pan... it has two slotted bolts, one on either side, holding it on.... once off, then my oil pan could slide back another 1/2 inch, and dropped down & off..... the shinny piece is the flywheel cover plate...
I hope this helps... I can't post photos on this private message for some odd reason.... So I will post them on my thread for you..

Attached Images
DSC00472.JPG DSC00471.JPG DSC00468.JPG DSC00469.JPG DSC00470.JPG

1934 Chevrolet Master sedan
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Awesome, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.