Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have removed all the wood framing on my 31sedan Anda. Now trying to remove the wood frame of the doors. Back doors not too difficult, but front door wood seems impossible without major metal disruption. Any hints would be appreciated.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Door wood is very difficult to remove in some cases. I haven’t done a door wood replacement in a while but will say you will need wide flat bill pliers to bend the steel away. The kind I mean are used/designed for bending sheet metal. They help control distortion and lessen the bodywork needed after the wood is replaced. Investing in the proper tools to do your job will end up being a huge savings of both time and money in the finishing of the door. The piece of wood under the window opening is the worst. In most cases you will need to become creative when assembling the new wood inside the door.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Pictures of what you’re struggling with would(or is it wood?) be helpful. I pulled the wood in my 31(coupe) not to long ago so I might be able to help.
I did end up cutting out some as well as a few of the carriage bolts. The wood was mostly bad and the bolts were rusted beyond using.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by GoodtimeCharlie; 08/20/22 04:44 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.