Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#472308 07/23/22 08:36 PM
m006840 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 7,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 7,000
As some may know I have been working on my 51 Bel Air (complete restoration) with hopes of bringing it to Bowling Green. That unfortunately will not happen as I am a long way from completion. The good news (if you can call it that ) is that I am learning to do body work. I had scheduled a shop to do the body work last November but after having the body glass beaded (delayed until FEb.) they backed out. I was able to find a local shop to epoxy prime it to prevent rusting but other than getting on a 6 month to two year waiting list and then having to spend tons of cash I decided to do it myself. I had ordered a left rear quarter panel and after waiting three weeks for it to ship I was informed it was no longer available. The seller than had the gall to list the reason for cancellation as "buyer request". I have fabricated the patch panel and now working on repairing the lower LH "A" pillar. I have a new interior ready from SMS-a wire harness from RIWIRING- new glass and frames from National Chevy (also lots of other parts from them and other suppliers. I will still be at Bowling Green and riding with friends . Not having a deadline to finish has made the project much more enjoyable.

Steve D
1 member likes this: Clement
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Hi Steve,

Thank you for the update on your project. I can only imagine your disappointment in the major delays for your restoration.

On the other hand, with that time constraint removed you can move the project along on your timeline and as you noted, learn new skills.

I am sure that you will enjoy the meet and connecting with so many friends. From my perspective that is the real reason we enjoy events like these. The vehicles become secondary.

Rusty

VCCA #44680

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.