Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hawkeye Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I have adjusted the vent window assembly towards the front of the car to make my door glass easier to roll up and down. But the glass seems very snug up against the rear quarter bowdrill covered weather strip. Any suggestions? Thanks

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hawkeye, could you please give us some background info. Has the window been difficult to move up and down for some time or is this a recent event? Has the door been damaged in any way, or had any work done to it that might have misaligned one of the window "tracks"? With the door open and the window up, when you attempt to lower the window does it want to follow its proper track, or try to veer in a different direction than the correct one? These are some random thoughts that come to mind.

Hawkeye Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Kaygee, I did some adjusting of the vent window. There was a gap at the top where the "A" pillar meets the roof. Just when I was able to eliminate the gap, the glass frame on the door glass starts to lift off the bowdrill material on the rear quarter glass. After looking for something obvious, I noticed something that caught my eye. Should there be a "fuzzy" in the rear channel? There was none when I started this restoration. Take a look at the attached photo.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I am passing this along to son Brewster - he has all the books and cars now so he will be in touch with you. It's been 40+ years since I've worked on one of these and the memory isn't quite the same now!!

Hawkeye Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
There is some material inside of the channel but not like a "fuzzy".

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.