Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#469403 04/29/22 07:05 PM
m006840 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 7,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 7,000
Back on March 2 I ordered two items from a well known vendor. The order confirmation showed shipping and handling 3-7 days. Well One item was received and no reference made to the second item so I Emailed to check on it. This is the reply I got . "We are currently in the middle of a system transition which is impacting the time that it is taking us to respond as well as experiencing staffing shortages due to Covid. We ask that you are patient with us during this time. We will reply to your email as soon as we can. " The reply came a couple days later advising it would be late April for delivery. I am glad I was patient as the part received was made by Steele Rubber and at half the cost from many other vendors. The packing slip showed an order date of April 26th which is the same as the ship date and not the original order date. My guess is that helps to make the fill rate statistics look good.

Steve D
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I am beginning to get frustrated with all of the vendors about shipping. A lot of the times the shipping is more than the cost of the item and very seldom gets here when promised. I think they base shipping on the cost of the item instead of the weight and size.

1951 styline deluxe sport coupe w/54 engine and power glide
m006840 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 7,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 7,000
When i first started working in a parts dept as the shipper it was important to not charge more than actual cost. The reason was explained to me that anything over that put the company into the shipping business and thus was subject to all the regulations that were associated with it. Not sure if that still applies however it really irks me when a vendor lowballs the price of a part and then makes it up in shipping. If the vendor is a high volume commercial account chances are he is getting a volume discount and it's very unlikely that is passed on.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
GREED ? orangeupset

p.k.

1956 BEL AIR 2 DOOR HARDTOP

I've spent most of my money on Booze,Women and mechanical things. The rest I just Wasted........

Remember , I'm not Always Right. But I'm Never Wrong !
m006840 Offline OP
ChatMaster - 7,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 7,000
I actually don't think that is the reason. Perhaps they think it's a way to stay ahead of the competition. Trying to fool a customer into thinking he is getting a bargain and then overcharging on freight only works with customers that don't pay attention.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
When it comes to shipping costs I think it might be better to call and order since the websites have a automatic shipping cost which is always much higher and when you call in the order you will get the correct shipping cost.

VCCA #45194

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.