Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WI_Jeff Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have posted this at a few different spots but maybe i can get an answer in the "general" forum. Here we go. 1950 Styleline deluxe. The accelerator (gas) pedal I took off of her is a type that "snaps" onto two steel balls. The balls are mounted to the floor. The pedal was about 3" wide and 7" long. The linkage snaps into the top of the pedal. I have taken apart 2 of these 1950 stylelines. one was a 2 door and now I am working on a four door and both of the gas pedals were of this style. If my memory is correct I remember these type of pedals on chevys when I was a young man. I can find the "balls" at many places but cannot find the pedal that "snaps" onto them. When I check for replacement parts, I always get a result with a gas pedal that has a hinge that attaches to the floor. Mine defiantly has the balls and it looks as if original to the car. As I said, I am confused. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance. If I cannot find the original "stuff" I will just put a new style cable accelerator.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Just a suggestion but have you tried I&I ?

My 1951 1 Ton is now on the road! My 38 Master 4 Door is also now on the road .
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I had to replace the gas pedal because the 'socket' at the top was broken and it would slip off of the ball. The OEM pedal had a hinge fastened to the floor. I left the original hinge in place and removed the hinge from the new pedal.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.