Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
This truck has no rust and is in great shape, but it handles horribly. I changed the ball joints, front end seals/bushings and it actually handles worse. I replaced the brakes and it doesn’t stop the truck properly.
I would like to upgrade the suspension and change to disk brakes. It now has a truck 350, and I changed the trans from the orig 3spd stick to a 700R4. The rear is an Eaton and I would like to upgrade that also.
I plan to do suspension work, replace the 350 with an LT1 and repaint. This is a great truck and I love driving it.
I am looking for expert advise and direction.

Last edited by AlaskaBob; 04/21/22 11:54 PM.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Welcome to VCCA Chat. It sure sounds Ike you have quite a project truck.

I assume that you had a competent alignment shop align the truck after you replaced all those front suspension components. I also assume that you replaced steering linkage parts as you did that work.

Many people forget that worn rear suspension bushings can make a vehicle handle poorly. If the rear axle moves around it will steer the car.

For the work you plan for your truck you might want to consider also joining the StoveBolt forum. There are many members of that forum who do lots of modifications to Chevy trucks. Right or wrong it seems like those of us on this forum tend to focus on keeping things closer to original.

Rusty

VCCA #44680

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.