Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I think i have found a FB touring car. I can’t get all the way around it yet but what features i see match up to photos i have of the FB touring cars. I don’t believe it is complete so how difficult are finding body sheet metal, fenders, and top iron parts? Are patterns and expertise available? The car is sitting on wood spoke wheels on rough ground dirt in a shed. The wood spokes are iffy. Will wood wheels from a 1915 Baby grand work to temporarily roll the car? I have moved a lot of things in a lot of unique situations but never iffy wood wheels in rough dirt in a shed……..might have to come up with some type of pneumatic contraption to put under wheels to roll.

My experience is with the 1915 era Baby Grand cars and the early 30’s. So a little unfamiliar with the late teens early 20’s restoration and parts issues for the FB cars.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
The 15 baby grand outside axel bearing runs on the axle. The fab is like the D the bearings run on the rear hubs

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
I recently saw a post on some site where the man made plywood disks to temporarily use as wheels to move a car out and on to a trailer.

Dave

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
The F Series cars are very different to any of the other Chevs. Once you establish if you have an FA or FB then you can chase the parts you are after as there are some parts that will interchange and other parts that are just for the FB model. The good news is that there are a few repo parts for the cars and the FB model ran for a few years so there are a few more of them around. Great if you can post a photo. There are two different styles of FB Chev an early model and a late model which are different in some of the body panels.
I agree with Dave 39MD make some plywood dics so you don't damage the old wheels as you may need to rebuild them.
Good luck with your project.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
very difficult to find FB parts, no matter what anyone says on this forum.

consider it an orphan car and you will have to do some "hot rodding" like it or not.

if you are handy, you can make many things work, but not much is available. the FB wasnt successful, and hence very few exist.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.