Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ABowlin Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I have a parts truck (pictured) to go along with mine and I've noticed a few differences which has lead me to a few questions.

1. Parts truck has full running boards that go back to the rear wheels – was this only for specific bed types? Would it have also had rear fenders at one point?

2. My truck looks like running boards were possibly trimmed short- they end right at the back of the cab. I've seen lots of trucks with these shorter running boards, are they factory?

3. Considering taking the running boards from the parts truck- thoughts on full-length boards on a stake-bed truck?

4. Is there a way to find out what bed the truck may have originally shipped from the factory with?

5. Parts truck has a factory heater – has anyone restored one? Thought it would be nice to add it to the current truck just for fun. Worth it?

Thanks!

Attached Images
Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 9.52.25 AM.png
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
1. The full length running boards were factory installed on the 131" wheelbase trucks.

2. The 157" WB trucks used the shorter boards (3 mounting brackets). So did the 1/2 ton trucks (2 mounting brackets)

3. Choice is yours.

4. No identification numbers on the truck to tell the original body. Many commercial body companies made components for Chevy trucks.

5. Heaters in that era produced some heat but looks are more important than performance.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ABowlin Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks Chipper. With full running boards, would there have been rear fenders installed, or just open wheels still?

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Generally rear fenders were included with trucks even if it was a chassis without cab or body.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.