Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Well,a nice warm spring day here in NJ----The wife asks "Well,are you ready to take me for a ride in the 31?"
Sure,lets go....So I fire it up and off we go......A few miles later the wife says "You have done a bang up job on this car since you dragged it home 12 years ago.It wouldn't even start." After a few minutes of silence I says " I haven't done anything Honey,it was all my friends at the VCCA that did the deed---I just twisted the wrench!"
Without you all---JYD,Chipper,ChevNut,BearsFan315,Bill Barker,Tiny,TonyW,Peter Gariepy,MrMack and all the rest of my friends,this old thing would still be sitting dead !!! You guys did this.You guys made this ride possible and I want to thank each and every member of this club for the help you have all given me.I just wish I could shake every hand and have a beer with all of you that have been so very gracious to share your years of knowledge with me and guide me,answer every dumb question for me !!! You are all incredible folks and I want to thank you.....Cheers to you all,Jay

1 member likes this: Keith Knox
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Online Content
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
For whatever small part I may have played you are quite welcome.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
I dont think I did much as I am not familiar with the 31 bit is nice to think I was of some help even if it was only encouragement to keep at it, thank you.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Thanks for the kind words. It is indeed a pleasure to be able to help people preserve a bit of automotive history. I have enjoyed particularly 1931 Chevrolets for over 50 years. Giving back some of the knowledge I acquired during that time helps the world go round and me sleep well each night.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Thank you. That was very thoughtful.

1946 Chevy 3100 1/2 Ton Pickup Purchased 11/18/17 Sold 9/20
1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Coupe, Purchased 6/20/2010
1965 Chevy ll 350 Purchased Feb 2021. 3-speed Saginaw Hurst Floor Shifter 3.08 Rear End

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Jay,

That right there was a nice tribute to just some of those who helped you along the way with the 31.

If you ever get your head on straight and move up to a much more modern vehicle, like say 41, then perhaps I could help some too. I know nothing about 31s other than what I've seen here on VCCA Chat for some years now.

Just be satisfied that your wife would lower herself self esteem enough to crawl in that thing with you. I assume you stopped at a drive-in and got a car-hop to fetch you some hamburgers or something. Well, if so and I had driven up in my 41 cabriolet, you'd have found that you had a missing wife when you left there. Yep, she would have abandoned you and run over to my car and hopped right in leaving you and the food behind. Of course she would not have been attracted to me personally but to the beauty of the 41 and all the adventure and anticipated excitement it offered. Shucks, everyone knows what chick attractors 41s are. Yep! Agrin

Seriously and for the record, the last time my late wife rode with me in one of my 41s we broke down forty miles from home and had to leave the car on the side of the road overnight. It was the cabriolet I spent so many years and much $$$ on and sold relatively recently for about a third of what I had spent on it. Talking about being upside-down in a restoration ) (long story there hood) The mentioned breakdown was back in the seventies. You're lucky to have such a sweetheart and she is definitely a "keeper." dance You should buy her some diamonds. Big ones!

Try to keep the old 31 and the missus luv2happy. Then you'll continue to be happy too!

Best wishes,

Charlie computer

BTW: Again, it was thoughtful for you to express your appreciation to those who helped you with the car. More of us should express our gratitude to the members who have helped us along the way. Those you recognized are just some of those who have gone out of their way to help with information and advice to many of us over the years. If it wasn't for the VCCA Chat then I don't what we all would have done. My hat is off to VCCA, the club, for providing the opportunity for us to share information by providing this means (Chat) of doing so.

BTW2: I, too, wish to thank all of you who have helped me over these many years. While too many for me to mention all of you but some of the best are the same as Jay noted, I do want to single out Gene whose outstanding reputation here is both noteworthy and well deserved. What a fount of blessings he is to all of us.

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
My wife wants to meet up with you Charlie......LOL....You a funny man says she !!!!

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Just yesterday I drove over 10 hours (round trip) to deliver four 1931 engines to an active member. He has two '31's and is doing an excellent job in keeping them stock. I threw in some extra parts for him - eg. Bumper bars, luggage rack, new inner tubes, etc. Gotta help those who are keeping the history alive. Only issue was that his drivable '31 had black rims - not cream medium. Ha ha.

Thanks for the thanks Jay32249. No need to stop now. A 1931 Chev in a parade shines above any car that is 10 years newer!!?!!? Ha.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Hey there, BB. Not so fast. Your comment about the 1931 shining above any car 10 years newer, is not lost on usums who think the 1941 was the prettiest car ever made. That was a lame attempt to pull a fast one and a sort of insult to 41ers 'cause you think we wouldn't be sharp enough to do the math. dance

You still got that old 36 coupe/pickup? Now that right there is something that will make the ladies turn their heads to look as the proud owner of one pulls up next to them at the drive-in and cause them to reach into their purses and fetch out their mirror and compact. You know. Yeah, right. Agrin

Just kidding you.

Best,

Charlie computer

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (Peter_Gariepy), 8 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,069
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.