Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#467382 02/24/22 10:44 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi there, I'm based in the UK and have 2 fantastic Chevy trucks a 59 Viking 60 with a 350 and a 66 C80 Fire engine with a 409 I think.
Always struggling to get info, knowledge and parts over here. Looking to do something with the Viking brakes, old air over hydraulic and Hydrovac.

Any good contact to get maybe the Hydrovac rebuilt, it works but need to feel safe. Any tips on changing axles on the Viking to give front disc brakes. Think there might be a way to use P30 step van bits and maybe a RAM3500 rear dually set up.

Will post some pics when I work out how !!

Any help very much appreciated, Cheers John McCombie. based in Gloucestershire UK.

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Welcome John! You'll find this site to be the best for answering your questions. Please post technical questions in the technical forums listed below. As for how to post images: https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/436976/how-to-post-a-photo.html#Post436976

parking wel2

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
John,
Welcome to Chat. I am a Chevy truck guy myself.
There is extensive information on disc brake conversion over at The Stovebolt site. Most of us, here, try to keep our vehicles as close to original as possible.
I have spent a fair amount of time behind the wheel of vintage Chevy trucks from 1936 to 1972. These range in size from 1/2 ton through 2 ton. I never had any concerns about braking on any of these trucks. I once hauled 7 tons of rock on my Dad's 1942 COE. These trucks were made to work much harder than most of us will use them today.
Check out the guys over at Stovebolt. If your taste, or intended use, requires modifications to your rig, there will be more help for you there, than here.
Please don't interpret this as chasing you away from here. You are always welcome and we would be glad to hear of your progress as you work on your trucks.
There is a company in St. Clair, Missouri that can rebuild your Hydrovac.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi Mike appreciate the reply, most kind.It's always reassuring to know there is such a great resource in all the members experiences.
Thanks for the tip on the brake company, have to see if I can find out what they are called.
Best Wishes for now 🤘

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I just found them.
Precision Rebuilders
St Clair, MO

I think they can sleeve wheel and master cylinders also

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.